.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Day Recipes

I'm not a huge pumpkin fan, but I did come across some pretty good recipes that we made today. My friend Melanie told me about a quick and easy way to make cupcakes.

Pumpkin Day cupcakes
1 box of Devil's food cake
1 15 oz can pumpkin

Mix the pumpkin into the cake mix. Fill muffin tins. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

You can't even taste the pumpkin, but they are yummy!

I found this pasta recipe in my Rachel Ray magazine.

Penne with Pumpkin Sauce
1 pound penne pasta
2 T butter
1 onion chopped
salt and pepper
15 oz. can pumpkin
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
1/4 c chopped parsley

In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water. In the same pot, melt butter over med low heat. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until onions are softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in pumpkin and cream and bring to a boil. Return pasta to the pot along with reserved water. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Top with parsley and more cheese.

I served shrimp with it, but chicken would be good, too. My family really enjoyed it.

No comments: