.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

5th Grade Science and Leadership Camp

I know I write often about how thankful I am for my kids' school and how thankful I am to get to work there with them.  One of the strengths of our school is that we aren't afraid to get out and let the kids experience life.  We take trips around town all the time and out of town at least once a year.  A big treat for the 5th graders is that they get to go to science camp for a week at the HEB Foundation Camp in Leakey.  They spend the week exploring the science TEKS in nature with hands on experiences that will help them remember the concepts.  Since I have a 5th grader this year, I got to go, and since they needed more men, Taylor was asked to go.  We had a great week.  JC got to spend the week with Poppa back at home and they had a good week together.

 It was fun to spend the week with my girl and her sweet friends.

 They got to kayak and swim in the river,
 hike,
 go through different science stations,
 play GaGa Ball,
 and their favorite - climbing and rappelling!

What a great week!
 

No comments: