.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mary at the Racetrack

When Sophie was only a year old her Uncle Erick sent her the Little People Nativity Set. Sophie loves this toy and always looks forward to getting it out each December. So when I saw a Playmobil Nativity Set at Target on Black Friday I had to get it for John Curtis as an early birthday present. He has played with this set non stop - literally. I have never seen him stick with one toy so long and so consistently. He mixes his other toys in with it and has the camel fight the dinosaur or the tow truck tow the gifts away. I have seen some very sweet moments. One day I heard him playing with the wise men. They had gifts in their hands and he said, "Here you go, Baby Jesus. Here's your gift." In that moment I thought he understood the story. However there have also been moments when the wise men have shot the shepherds with their staffs and had an all out gun fight at the manger. But now Baby Jesus is missing. Every night when we did our advent candles he would run to his room and grab Baby Jesus. He often fell asleep clutching the little baby in his hand. So sweet...but one morning he was nowhere to be found. We've looked in the bed, under the bed, moved the bed, no Baby Jesus. I keep thinking it must be symbolism and Jesus will appear in the manger on Christmas morning. Wherever he is, Mary is bored. She doesn't know what to do with herself with no baby to care for. This week I walked in to see what the kids were doing and there she was, zooming around the race track.

Mary taking a spin.

You should see her go!
The shepherd decided to jump in.
Cruising by the manger (with her weapon)...still no Jesus.

7 comments:

Kris T said...

That made me laugh out loud.

Julie Walker said...

I am crying I am laughimg so hard!!

Leslie said...

That just makes my morning!!!! That is hilarious!!:) I hope you find Baby Jesus....

JBortz said...

Sister called and made me read it while she was on the phone so she could hear me laughing at it. Good one Aly!

mimi sharon said...

I love it. Boys are so different.

Grammy said...

Oh, my! What a difference a boy makes in a home! God knew what He was doing when He sent that little angel to you. Love it!

Tommy said...

Alyson, Carol and I laughed out loud and then shared this with friends at dinner tonight who laughed out loud too as we laughed about it again. This is priceless!