Tuesday, January 1, 2008
For Christmas, Taylor and I decided to get each other a new floor. The carpet in our house was nasty, especially after one round of potty training and a baby who spit up everything he ate. I have been wanting to get rid of the carpet for a while so we spent the last 4 1/2 days putting in a new laminate floor in the living room. Most people told us it was a weekend project, but as you know 4 1/2 days is longer than a weekend. I'm not sure why it took us so much longer, but we are very proud of the work we did. It was exhausting, but we did it all on our own and only made a few minor mistakes (if you consider nailing the pocket door to the laundry room open when we put the base boards back on minor). Everything was rectified. I am posting a picture of the way the room looked when we moved in. I didn't really take a picture then, so I found one that showed most of the room. Then I'm including a picture of the room when we painted it back in September, and finally some of the finished product.