.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Busy Weekend

On Thursday afternoon the kids and I headed to Weatherford for a busy weekend. On Friday morning we had Aunt Oma's funeral (see previous post). It was a nice service, just the way she would have wanted it. It was also good to see extended family we don't see very often. My Aunt Edie has 2 dogs that she runs agility courses with. She had an event on Friday and since we had never seen them run, we decided to go watch. John Curtis loved seeing all of the dogs and walking up and down the stairs many times. Sophie was the one who surprised me though. She's never been much of a dog person but really took to Edie's dog Dessa. She wanted to hold her leash and "take care of her". She asked me if she could do agility when she gets a dog someday. She has never asked for a dog before. She is also quite a fan of Aunt Edie now, too. She wanted to be wherever Edie was. Edie was very patient with my children in the midst of her competition!
Sophie and Dessa
Edie let Sophie walk the course with her before her run.
John Curtis and Dessa
Afterward, we all went out to eat at the Purple Cow Cafe. These statues were outside and for some reason the kids thought they were really fun. John Curtis was scared of them at first but eventually warmed up to them.

On Saturday we just hung out in Weatherford. We had a picnic at the park, swam, shopped, and just played. Sunday was church and Carol's baby shower. It was a full weekend, but we got to see lots of family and friends and had a great time. I started my 2 online classes yesterday and the kids will start school next week, so we are trying to get back into a routine. Summer is really over!

2 comments:

ematwell said...

I had such a good time playing with my cousins Sophie and John Curtis. They were very nice and patted me on the head .. which I love. I can't wait to play with them again.

Woof Woof (that means I love you)
Dessa

Janet said...

Wow! The dog agility events look like fun. That's neat that your kids got to do that. I don't blame John Curtis for being afraid of those statues. Looks creepy to me too!