.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Girls' Weekend 2009

Every year since I was in college the girls in my family spend a weekend away together. We always include a trip to the National Cemetery in San Antonio to visit my grandfather's grave. We always shop and eat a lot and laugh a lot and drive a lot since we tend to get lost. This year we did a few different things, too. After my family picked me up in Lampasas we drove to Wimberly and toured an olive tree orchard. The drive was beautiful with all the trees changing colors and the tour was really interesting.
My Aunt Edie and me in front of a cork tree
Mom pointing out an olive tree
Mimi and Lindsey during the tour
Mom, my Aunt Kay, and me during the tour
All the girls
More walking

Mom with an asparagus plant. This was fascinating to me. I never knew how asparagus grew.

When we left the orchard we drove to Kyle to pick up some yummy pie at the Texas Pie Company and then on to San Marcos where our Bed and Breakfast was.

This was my cemetery snack I made for us
All of the girls relaxing outside the B&B

We had a yummy dinner on the river that night and a yummy breakfast at a cafe on the square the next morning. Then we headed for the cemetery
This year it was raining so some of us stayed in the car. Mimi was a trooper though. We stopped at the outlet mall on the way home and shopped for a few hours. It was another great weekend with the girls.

5 comments:

Debbie Mendrop said...

I am so thankful for our weekends. I love the time we spend together, and am already looking for things to do next year. I think the zip line in Austin would be a blast, we could strap Mimi in real tight and let her go!

Julie said...

I think it is so neat that ya'll do this every year. Glad you had a good weekend and hope Taylor got the house cleaned up before you got home!

ematwell said...

I'll work on the zip line for next year. Should be fun.

Leia Barker said...

Oh my gosh,I think I've got this whole google account thing figured out! Anyway--the kids looked great when Taylor delived them to Sunday school. Looks like you had a fun weekend--good for you!

TeamBortzfield said...

my favorite Bunch girls, you all look so much alike. I love Debbie with the olive tree but your cemetery snack is the best. Love you!