.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Our Visit with the Taylors








When we left the aquarium on Thursday the kids and I drove to Augusta to visit our friends the Taylors. Taylor came on Saturday and got to spend a few days with them as well. Sean and Megan were our closest friends in seminary and then when we moved to Marlin, Sean was our youth minister there. He is now the Middle School Minister at First Baptist Augusta. They were such a huge part of our lives when Sophie was born and the first two years of her life. They are more like family than friends so it was good to spend a few days with them. Their daughter Ivy was born a few months before they left Marlin. I've always felt sad that I didn't get to spend much time with her before they moved, but I felt like we bonded during our stay. She is a sweet and joyful little girl. I have a feeling Sean and Megan were pretty taken with John Curtis as well. The kids had fun playing together and we visited a science museum and played on the church playground a few times. It was nice to watch Lost again with our dear friends! I got a little sentimental while we were there, though. Being around Sean and Megan reminded me of our time in Marlin and those precious days with Sophie. She was pretty much the center of our universe there and I am amazed at how quickly she has grown. She was about Ivy's age now when Ivy was born, and I can't believe how fast the time goes. It makes me want to cherish the moments a little more with both of my kids.

No comments: