.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Book Review

Okay, I know that the grandparents are going to hate this post because it has absolutely nothing to do with the grandkids, but I wanted to let you know about a really good book I've been reading. Those of you who know me well know that Andrew Peterson is my favorite singer/songwriter. Taylor and I came across him in college at A&M when we were at a Caedmon's Call concert. He was just starting out and opened for Bebo Norman who opened for Caedmon's. We really like his music so we bought his first C.D. and have been buying them ever since. Our favorite is his Christmas C.D. which is like nothing you've ever heard. We got to go to his Christmas concert in Austin last December where he performed with Bebo, Sara Groves, Jill Phillips and several others. Anyway, Andrew has now written a children's fantasy novel that is really good and has gotten good reviews. I was a little skeptical because it seems that when people try to be really good at more than one thing, something flops. Once again though, Andrew has exceeded my expectations. I'm recommending this to everyone because as talented as he is, Andrew has never received much attention in the world of Christian music. So maybe if the word gets out about his book, he'll receive more attention for his music, too. All that being said, if you are a Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia any other fantasy fan (that's you, Sean and Megan) you need to check out On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Perfect timing-I'm just putting together a book order for the library. Sounds like something my fantasy-addicted students would enjoy!

Kris T said...

That sounds like an interesting book. Maybe we should suggest it for the book club. :)

The Taylors said...

I was just asking Sean what he wanted me to read aloud during the never ending drive home! I'll have to grab this before we leave next week!