.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Day of Pampering

Taylor's parents came for a few days at the beginning of the week. The kids really enjoyed them being here. Sophie loves her GMomma and Poppa of course, but it was fun to see John Curtis start interacting with them more. On Monday, Taylor's mom took me and Sophie for manicures and pedicures. Sophie got her nails painted with glitter and flowers. She loved it. She is such a girly girl. Then we went to the mall and had their picture made with the Easter bunny. John Curtis did great with Santa at Christmas but wasn't a fan of the bunny. He would not smile, so we had to take what we could get.


On Tuesday they took the kids to Weatherford on their way home to spend a few days with my parents. I think the kids are having fun there and I'm certainly enjoying my time here. Taylor and I went shopping last night - just for us - which we haven't done in forever. We ate dinner (after 6:00!!!) in front of the TV and watched a movie. I slept until 8:30 this morning and tonight we are going to some friends' house (who are also kid free for the week) to play games. I do miss my kids and will be ready for them to come home on Friday, but in the mean time I will enjoy some lazy time!

1 comment:

Julie Walker said...

I am glad you are enjoying your time. We go get the boys tonight. I miss them but wouldn't mind one more day. It is so nice to sleep all night and do what I want during the day. We are so blessed that our moms take our kids. I only have one other friend whose parents do that. Can you imagine if we didn't get breaks like this????
Have fun!!