.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh These Long Hot Summer Days

We are in full summer mode. My kids are in their swimsuits more than they are in their clothes. Most of our meals are eaten at the pool. My house is only clean when we are having company. I only do my hair on Sundays. My kids are so dark that I was asked the other day if John Curtis was mixed race. I must admit, however, that the thrill of summertime is starting to wear off. While the kids are amazingly not yet tired of the pool, it doesn't hold the excitement it once did. The only time we can play outside is first thing in the morning which is why we often eat breakfast out there. I try to keep them outside as long as I can, but I was sweating by 9:00 this morning. Just running simple errands is a chore because we are all sweating by the time we pull out of the garage. Our tempers seem to be matching the heat. The kids have really been fighting a lot and I don't seem to have the greatest patience for it. This is why we spend so much time at the pool. Everyone's mood is a little better there. The thing I love about the seasons is that I'm always ready for the next one when it begins. While I'm not quite ready to put up our swimsuits yet, I will be ready for fall, routine, and yes - MOM'S DAY OUT when it gets here. I'll try to soak up as many rays as I can in the few weeks we have left.
Showing off blue Koolaid tongues
Did I mention we aren't fixing hair this summer????

Cooling off with some ice cream
Of course John Curtis eats his ice cream with his hands

Can you tell Sophie likes this shirt? The first picture was taken a different day. Uncle Erick brought her this shirt and one that says Little Miss Giggles and she wants to wear them ALL THE TIME. And because it is too hot to argue, I let her. Does anyone remember these books from when we were little?

No comments: