.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sandlin Vacation 2008 Part 4: Vicksburg






After a full week at the beach we left Gulf Shores on Saturday and drove to Vicksburg, Mississippi to visit with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins for a few days. The kids had fun swimming in Aunt Carol's pool and riding their golf cart. We also got to see my cousin Kirk baptized while we were there. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked. Since by grandparents are still not back in their house, we moved around a lot and it was a little crazy. Half the time I didn't know where my camera was. I wish I had taken a picture of Grandma with the kids. We left Vicksburg on Monday morning and got to Weatherford around 3:30. That was the hardest and longest part of the whole trip. The kids were so ready to get out, but I was ready to get home. I waited until about 7:00 and we got the kids bathed and in their P.J.s. Then we set out once again for the LAST time (for a while). Thankfully the kids fell asleep and we got home around 10:30. I don't think I've ever been so happy to be home. So after 14 days and 6 states, Sandlin Vacation 2008 is over. What a great 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Carey said...

WOW! I can't imagine a vacation of that... um... MAGNITUDE! I bet you are exhausted from all that relaxing and vacationing! ;o) Glad you're home! Can't wait to see you...soon!