.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Potty Training Week

This is the week I've been dreading since I experienced it 3 years ago with Sophie. I knew I would have to do it eventually. I honestly didn't think he was ready, but I wanted to give it a try before school started. Sophie was in Weatherford this week and since John Curtis and I had a week to ourselves I took the plunge...and it wasn't so bad. Everyone told me he would be so much harder to potty train than Sophie was since he's a boy, but this wasn't the case at all. He actually seemed to catch on faster. When we got home from the lake Sunday night we went out and got some M&Ms and he picked out some big boy underwear. He was so excited about the M&Ms, he actually went in the potty a few times that night. Monday morning when he woke up the diaper came off and the underwear went on. The first day was pretty bad with accidents all day long. By day two we were down to three accidents and yesterday we didn't have any wet accidents (only the other kind that are a lot worse to clean up). Today we had three, but two of them happened outside. I am not saying that we are fully potty trained yet, but Sophie comes home tomorrow and we have things to do so our time at home focusing on just going to the potty is over (thank goodness). We'll see how he does this weekend as we venture out to unfamiliar pottys!
First morning in underwear
Look at that cute little bottom!
Hanging out with Elmo, his potty training buddy.

John Curtis and Elmo both had their own pottys.
Trying to go while watching cartoons
Sharing some popcorn with Elmo as a reward when they both went in the potty.
Giving Elmo some juice
Playing play doh outside in our undies

4 comments:

Grammy said...

It is strange seeing pics of him without Sophie. He looks so big in his big boy panties, I mean underwear! So proud of him!

Julie Walker said...

Congratualions JC!! That is great, I am hoping to get Grant trained by Christmas, we'll see!

TeamBortzfield said...

You go Aly! He is super cute in the panties but he will be so mad at you later for your action shots!

Taylor Sandlin said...

I don't know how many times I have to say this to you girls - boys don't wear panties.