.

Monday, May 12, 2008

My Baby Loves to Dance

Most of you know that Monday nights at the Sandlin house are sacred nights. By 7:00 everyone is fed and bathed, the dishes are cleaned up and all of the toys are put away. The next hour and a half is devoted to one thing and one thing only. You would think that in a preacher's house that one thing might be prayer or Bible study, maybe a little family game night (remember the Ungame????) But no. In the Sandlin household the only thing that could motivate my 3 year old to get her body and her room cleaned that quickly is....DANCING!!!!! More specifically Dancing with the Stars. Yes, every Monday night from 7:00 until 8:30 the Sandlins dance. Even John Curtis has joined in the fun this season. Sophie LOVES to dance. Her favorite person to dance with is her daddy, whom she calls her prince (no kidding!). She even calls all the guys on the show"princes". I really don't know how I ended up with this child, but I really think Sophie thinks she's a princess. When we were driving to the library the other day, Stephen Curtis Chapman's song, I Danced with Cinderella came on. Sophie was singing along in the back and I was trying to join in, but I couldn't because I was so choked up. Why???? I used to make fun of songs like Butterfly Kisses, and this song is just as cheesy. I was crying because I could see Sophie spinning around in her Cinderella dress and I know these days will not last forever. So in honor of the Dancing with the Stars semifinals tonight, Taylor has put together a little video of our princess (and prince) dancing. I hope you enjoy it. I wrote out the lyrics to the song that is playing on the video because I think they are so sweet and remind me of Sophie and Taylor dancing together.

My Baby Loves to Dance by Andrew Peterson

My baby loves to dance
She loves to spin around
She's only two feet tall, but I don't mind at all
She hears a song in every little sound

And my baby loves to move
She settles on my chest
She doesn't stay for long
A moment, then she's gone
She's off to find another heart to bless

The leaves were turning gold and brown
And the people came for miles around
to see her when she came to town

Then I turned and walked outside
Stood beneath an autumn sky
And felt a season falling
And a new on taking flight

My baby loves me so
She loves me as I am
She lifts her little hands
Her wish is my command
I'll pick her up forever if I can.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

My students all gave me really strange looks when they saw me sitting at my computer bawling! They are both so precious!

TeamBortzfield said...

How Beautiful, I especially love Sophie's floor routine, John Curtis' Solo, Taylor's leg kick and the dramatic finish at the end. I wish I could see you dancing too. She's just as graceful as some Watercolor Ponies I used to know...Love you!

Julie Walker said...

Wow, that brought the tears on! That is so sweet!!

The Taylors said...

Oh Alyson,

The video made me want to run down the hall to Ivy's room and wake her up just so I could hold her a little longer. The dancing was perfect; I hope Sophie always dances with all of her heart. John Curtis made me laugh, how sweet!

Debbie Mendrop said...

She DID remind me of the Water Color Ponies! I could not put my finger on it! What a memory to hide in your heart, for those days when you want to give her away. May she always dance her way through life, and into the hearts of all who know her.

Janet said...

That was too precious! It definitely brought tears to my eyes. It's moments like those that make all the chaos of raising kiddos worth it!

Allison Bellomy said...

that was beautiful! thanks for sharing that, so precious! unfortunately, now I am crying :) I wish they could stay this age forever! goes by so fast....

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

I just stumbled upon your blog looking for the lyrics to this Andrew Peterson song. This CD is a favorite at our house. This was a cute video of your kiddos dancing. My kids have very similar moves (the leg kick). Thanks!