.

Friday, May 30, 2008

We Are Crafty!




Sophie is SO excited about our upcoming beach trip. When we went to the library this week she only wanted to check out books about the beach or the ocean. One that she found was a book about how to make ocean crafts. Of course we had to make some. She colored sea horses and attached them to pipe cleaners for their tails, then wrapped their tails around more pipe cleaners that are supposed to be the coral they attach themselves to so they don’t float away. Then we painted Styrofoam balls and stuck toothpicks in them to be sea urchins. I’m sure she’ll be disappointed when she doesn’t see any of these things at the beach. Then today I had my beads out and was making bracelets for some gifts. I usually do this after the kids are in bed, but I was running short on time. To keep Sophie occupied, I let her make her own necklace and bracelet. She picked out an interesting assortment of beads, but she strung them all by herself. She sat there working on them for two hours! She was quite proud of herself and showed them all off at a dinner we went to tonight. We aren’t usually this crafty at the Sandlin house, but we have to fill these long hot summer days!

2 comments:

Debbie Mendrop said...

We will have to plant some sea life for her to find. A sea horse might be a challenge, though. I seem to remember that you used to be able to order them from the back of comic books - I always wanted one. Maybe crabs will have to suffice. Can't wait!

TeamBortzfield said...

Thanks for my sweet bracelet you crafty Sandlins! I love it and I love you for making it for me.