.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Whrilwind Week in Waco and Weatherford

Wow! Our family has had a very full week visiting family and catching up with friends we haven't seen in a while. On Friday morning we drove to Waco. Taylor had to be there for a lunch for the Truett graduates and I couldn't miss the chance to see friends in the area. While Taylor was at his lunch, the kids and I met my friend Erinn and her daughter Rachel at Chic-Fil-A. I met Erinn when Taylor was pastoring in Marlin. She was my lifeline for social interaction at that time and we spent many hours talking during those months while our girls played together. It was so fun to see her again!When Taylor finished his lunch he met us at the Waco Zoo. It was such a fun family time. The kids loved seeing all the animals and John Curtis wanted to jump right in the cages with them. I love times when it is just the four of us together doing fun things. Great memories!






We left the zoo and went to Jeni and Patrick Adair's house for the night. We met Jeni and Patrick during our first year in Waco. Patrick and Taylor were in seminary together and they ran into each other at a Switchfoot concert at Baylor. They introduced Jeni and me to each other there and we have been good friends ever since. Jeni and Patrick are the type of friends that you can talk to for hours, even when you haven't see each other in a while, and we did after the kids were in bed. The kids loved playing with their two dogs and John Curtis terrorized the cat. Sophie helped Jeni cook on Saturday morning. They have a beautiful home and we really enjoyed our visit with our sweet friends.
Taylor had to drive back to San Angelo Saturday morning for a funeral, but the kids and I drove to Marlin to visit some dear friends from our church there. We intended to see more of our church friends while we were there, but once Taylor realized he wouldn't be able to come with me, I decided to cut the trip short. I couldn't handle two tired kids on my own! We did get to see our sweet JoJo and Jack. Jo and Jack were very special to our whole family while we were in Marlin, but especially to Sophie. She and Jo have a special bond. Jo started keeping Sophie in the nursery when she was two weeks old and continued to do so for the next 2 years. She was often our babysitter during the week as well. We love Jo and Jack and had a sweet time with them

We left Marlin after lunch on Saturday and drove to Weatherford to spend a few days with my parents. Taylor was going to be gone on a camping trip for a few days, so I decided to go to Weatherford rather than be alone with the kids for three days. Time at Grammy and Bumpaw's house is filled with swimming, bike riding, and lots of playing. John Curtis wasn't thrilled with the bike riding part, but I think he mainly didn't like his helmet. Mom was still working so the kids and I went to Fort Worth on Monday to visit my Mimi. I always love my time with Mimi and enjoy watching the special relationship she and Sophie have. We also saw my great aunts Oma and Max and my great uncle G.T.


On Tuesday I met up with Shaunna and Melody and their girls. The three of us were best friends in high school and have remained close over the years. The kids had fun playing together at Mel's mom's house. John Curtis ended up in the pool (thus the pictures of him in just a diaper) and Sophie caught a frog. A very satisfying day!




I am so glad to be home, but dreading the unpacking part, especially doing Taylor's stinky camping laundry. He had a great time camping in the mountains though. I think it was a good break for him.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Wow, what a fun-filled busy week! It sounds like y'all had a great time, and it must have been wonderful to visit with so many friends and family. Good luck with that laundry! ;-)