.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Day Six of Eight Days of Springtime Fun

Today's activity would also be a great Halloween or Fall activity. We read The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin by Joe Troiano about a pumpkin growing.
There was a mix in the bag for pumpkin bread so we made some. There was also a bag of pumpkin seeds that Sophie enjoyed eating.
I was really surprised that Sophie liked the pumpkin bread. We had some for dinner (not so good with spaghetti) and will probably take some to our neighbors. I didn't have any shortening and they let us borrow some :)

1 comment:

Kris T said...

Pumpkin bread sounds great. I think it's great that Sophie enjoys cooking with you.

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandparents house. I imagine your family is grieving the loss of a house that provided so many warm and wonderful memories. I'm thankful that your grandparents are safe, but sad that they have lost so much.