.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Summer Fun on a Spring Day

I know it is only April, but yesterday it was HOT in San Angelo. The kids were cranky and sweaty and my temper was beginning to match the heat, so we all needed to cool down. We pulled out our swimsuits and spent the afternoon playing in the sprinkler.
Since the summer Sophie turned one, I have tried to get her to play in the sprinkler. She has never liked it until this year. It was so much fun to see her finally enjoying running through the water.
John Curtis had a love/hate relationship with the sprinkler. He really wanted to like it when he saw sister laughing and having so much fun. He would try to play with the water, but as soon as it started hitting him in the face, he didn't like it anymore. This surprised me since he practically swims in the bathtub and puts his face in the water.
I know this picture looks mean - what kind of mom would take a picture while her kid was screaming? But he just kept going back to it. He would stand there and scream while it hit him in the face and not move. I would move him to the porch and tell him he didn't have to play in it. Within minutes he was back in it and we would repeat the whole process. Mom's sympathy only extends so far!
Finally, John Curtis found something he really enjoyed playing in!
After this we had to dunk him in the sprinkler!

5 comments:

Debbie Mendrop said...

Looks like so much fun!! It WAS hot yesterday, wish I had thought of a sprinkler. Love the mud pictures. There is a great book for him, called Kid Tea, how the bath water each night turns whatever color the kid played in that day. Reminded me of my sweet grandson!

Kris T said...

I love the pictures! Especially John Curtis crying in the water, and him playing in the mud. :)

Allison Bellomy said...

lol!! the one with him upset in the water was cute, I can relate to those experiences! :)

Bill Mendrop said...

We'll call him grub worm II

Janet said...

Those are great pics! Especially love the mud ones! Too funny about John Curtis crying and then going back to the sprinkler. Funny how kids are!