.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Adventures in Grilling Part 4

This will be my last post from the list for a while. Please don't be too disappointed. I know everyone has been running out to their grill to try these recipes with us, but we have VBS this week and our meals will therefore consist of hot dogs, probably some mexican stackups, and maybe even a corndog or two. So Saturday night we tried number 67.
You can use any white fish. I had flounder in the freezer from Sam's since my mom loves to stock my freezer when she comes to visit.
We are back to using mango again now that I am an expert at cutting them.
I cut up the fish and mango and alternated them on skewers. Then I brushed them with a sauce of soy, Tabasco, and cilantro.
We threw them on the grill along with some corn.
Sophie admiring the yummy food
John Curtis didn't want to be left out of the picture taking.
Throw in my all time favorite, fried okra, and you have a meal.

It was a very pretty and a very healthy dish, but I think we might try a different white fish next time. The flounder had a pretty strong "fishy" taste. Also we might use the glaze as a dipping sauce next time to give it more flavor. Still a very good meal. There was nothing left on the adults' plates.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Mmmmmmmmm... that OKRA looked AWESOME! ;-)