.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sophie Week Part 2 - The Sleepover

Sophie has two very special friends that have shown up in some of my blogs in the past. Sophie hit it off with Gracie and Ellie right after we moved here 2 years ago. Their mother, Leia, who is one of my dearest friends really took me under her wing when I was new to San Angelo. Because of that, our families have become great friends and spend a lot of time together. When Taylor took me to San Antonio for my birthday a few months ago, Sophie had her first friend sleepover at their house. I thought this week would be a great time to return the favor since I was short one kid of my own. The girls had a great time together. We stayed at the pool on Wednesday until about one. After a rest time in front of a movie , the girls played hard all afternoon. They made their own pizzas for dinner and we went outside and made a crab craft (remember Sophie's ocean craft book she is obsessed with???). After bath time, I settled the girls in their sleeping bags on the living room floor in front of (another) movie. Yes - that is 2 movies in one day, but when you're in survival mode all rules go out the window. The idea was that the girls would be so tired from swimming and playing that they would conk out during the movie. Ellie did - Gracie and Sophie didn't. It took about another hour for the two of them to settle down, but by 10:00 (or shortly thereafter) all 3 girls were asleep.

Then the fun began. At about 3:45, I hear a little voice at my ear saying, "Miss Alyson, I'm having trouble sleeping." So Gracie climbed up in bed with us and fell right back to sleep. As she slept, she took over more and more of my side of the bed until I finally asked Taylor to go sleep in Sophie's bed. Problem solved - everyone was sleeping peacefully. Then at 5:00, Sophie started crying. You see, in the craziness of getting 3 little girls ready for bed I had not noticed when the last time Sophie went to the potty was. Who knows how long she had been holding it, but at 5:00 she stopped holding it. EVERYTHING was wet. We got Sophie up and cleaned off and put her in her own bed. Since the pallet the sleeping bags were on was wet we had to get Ellie up, too. Of course this woke her up and we had two giggly little girls. I went back to sleeping Gracie and Taylor laid down in between the other 2 girls. He said they finally fell back asleep after about 30 minutes. At 7:30, Gracie and I were awakened by giggly voices yet again and everyone was up. We went back to the pool at 10:00 and everyone went home to their own houses. I'm glad the girls had fun, but the parents have decided that sleepovers should cease until all 3 girls sleep through the night and don't wet their beds!

Taking a snack break at the pool
Making pizzas
Crab crafts
Picnic breakfast outside
Bathing beauties!!!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like lots of crazy fun! I'm glad the girls had a great time!

TeamBortzfield said...

Oh Come on Mom sleep over's are SO FUN, When I see Sophie I'll teach her the spend the night song, you just can't say no to that kind of creativity and drama. Although what do I know I didn't sleep over without sister or the Mendrops for about 12 years.

Julie Walker said...

Looks like fun! I like how Sophie pulls her straps down while she lays out...wouldn't want any tan lines!