.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

8 Years of Marital Bliss!

Today is our eight year anniversary and I can truly say it has been an amazing journey so far. I love being married to Taylor. As I look back on our eight years, I know I am blessed because I can not think of a "bad" year in those eight. We've had some rough patches, but looking back it all seems like a big adventure that has brought us where we are. Our years before kids when Taylor was in seminary were such fun and carefree times. We had so much together time traveling, roller blading, hanging out with friends, and just sitting on the couch watching TV. When Sophie came along, I got to see a whole new wonderful side of Taylor. He is such a great dad and our kids adore him. In Marlin we learned how to balance family, being in the ministry, and some loneliness. Without love, commitment, and a lot of creativity that could have been a rough time in our marriage. I have heard horrible stories about being a preacher's wife, but Taylor really makes it relatively painless (most of the time:). He is home in the evenings to play with the kids and put them to bed and then we still have a few hours together. I'm so thankful for the way he puts us first. Now that we are in San Angelo with two kids and more church responsibilities, life can get pretty crazy. Sometimes I wonder how we'll have enough time for everything, and yet we always find enough - little snippets of each day to be together. I'm so thankful for the memories of the last eight years and cannot wait to see what is ahead. I love you, Taylor!Our Wedding Day - June 3, 2000

Our little garage apartment in Waco
Taylor's graduation from Truett - May 2004
London - Summer '05
D.C. - Summer '07


4 comments:

TeamBortzfield said...

Congrats to you both. Wow I can't believe it's been 8 years. You don't look like you've aged at all.

Allison Bellomy said...

Congratulations!! loved seeing the wedding day pictures. All the best in this next year!!

Leia Barker said...

I read your blog today (thanks to you having the girls, I have time) and I got all weepy reading about your anniversary and Taylor's grandfather. You are a remarkable wife, mother, and friend. I want to be you when I grow up!

Janet said...

Congratulations on 8 years together! Happy Anniversary!