.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One Blessing After Another

From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

Why is it that my default is ungratefulness and true thankfulness takes being intentional?

"'Here dies another day
During which I have had eyes, ears, hands
And the great world round me;
And with tomorrow begins another.
Why am I allowed two?'
Why doesn't anyone ask that why question? Why are we
allowed two? Why lavished with three?
A whole string of grace days?" Ann Voskamp
This morning the list seemed difficult to start.

23. Gas fireplace when there in no heat.
24. Little boys who wake up before 6:00

I took a deep breath and changed my perspective and the blessings began to flow.




25. Fire reflected on his face26. Games by the fire
27. Icicles

28. Time moving slowly
29. Never ending crumbs on the floor
30. Homemade cookies from a friend
31. A child's prayer

No comments: